Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Tuesday Tunes: Christmas

I've already started listening to Christmas music! After this fall, I really needed the reminder of love, hope, and peace that Christmas music offers.

I have to say, I LOVE Christmas music! With 160+ albums in my collection, you could say that I'm bit of a Christmas music fanatic.

Let's start Tuesday Tunes with what I consider essential Christmas music/tunes/CDs/downloads. These are my go-to albums.



Ventures' Christmas Album is Christmas music with a surf rock vibe. 
A Charlie Brown Christmas by Vince Guaraldi Trio is a jazzy soundtrack classic.
Christmas Clear by Straight No Chaser is both a cappella and hilarious! This is the only version of 12 Days of Christmas that I can listen to!
Songs of Joy and Peace by Yo Yo Ma because classic cello is always a good choice this time of year.
Christmas Eve by Trans Siberian Orchestra because this is the one with Christmas Eve/Sarajevo on it.
Now That's What I Call Christmas is at 4 volumes plus various variations. I like the mix of classic Christmas songs and newer songs. The first volume is really my go-to but have all 4 volumes plus the 2-disc Now That's What I Call Country Christmas. 
A Family Christmas by The Piano Guys has my favorite version of O Come, O Come Emmanuel on it.
Christmas at Downton Abbey is what I consider classical/church style music. If your church is professionally trained singers.
A Christmas Gift for You by Phil Spector is my go-to day after Thanksgiving, official Christmas kick off album. This has my favorite Christmas song on it: Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by Darlene Love.
December by George Winston is a piano album that is incredibly soothing. This paired with the wide variety of Windham Hill holiday CDs make up my Christmas background music if I'm hosting the family gathering. It's soothing, Christmasy, and doesn't have my mother asking me to "turn off that racket."

Honorable mentions: John Denver and the Muppets, Beach Boys, Elvis, Carpenters, Rat Pack/Dean Martin/Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Perry Como, Mannheim Steamroller, Kenny Rogers/Dolly Parton, Andy Williams. 

What's on your essential list of Christmas music? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First "Did Not Finish"

I have had my first DNF (did not finish) of the year. Sadly, it's for a book club I'm doing with some friends from work. Mayhem by S...