Friday, March 24, 2017

ARC Review

I recently found myself between holds, waiting for something to come in to read. So I grabbed an ARC off of my shelf to fill the time.

I have several ARC's acquired through LibraryThing dating back to 2014. Oops. Bad reviewer!

The ARC I grabbed was Kim Zupan's The Ploughmen. This book was sent to me the summer of 2014 and was released on August 1st, 2014. The good news-this is still a fantastic book and something to definitely consider reading while waiting for new releases at the library.

I created a new shelf on GoodReads for this one entitled "Regional Noir." This shelf is for those wonderful gritty, hard boiled reads that make you feel the region that they are set in.

At the heart of the novel, is two men waiting. One is an old man, a killer, on trial. The other is a young deputy who's life is falling apart. As the men sit and talk in the dark of night, confidences are shared and the silences are marked together. It's a wonderful ode to the late night conversations between strangers of sorts, to insomnia, and life falling apart and ending.

I would definitely recommend this one to anyone looking for something outside of what they normally read. For the ones waiting on new releases but temporarily out of reading material.

**** Stars
Recommended

No comments:

Post a Comment

Killers of the Flower Moon

This has been the hot book of Tulsa this summer. Probably the most butchered title also. As a librarian, I have gotten really good at figuri...